Sometimes the art of verbal presentation must face up to the
risky task of creating
word wizardry to make up for the lack of visual excitement of an
give it a syllabic boost to make a lacklustre item more
presentable. This is one
of those occasions.
What we have is a passive barely
active, semi-lethargic entity comprised
of two slats of thin wood
attached by brass slab coiled
springs to a base slab — giving
it a soft bouncy buoyant characteristic:
[size - 8" L x 4" deep].
Almost forgot, the top slab — as you can see — is divided
into two equal pieces for
separate, non-connected freedom of action.
With this month’s teaser presentation, we have a surprise
for you — a departure from
our normal "show ‘n tell" approach, in the fact that
we’re actually going to give you
the answer. Of coarse there’s a catch; we’re going to point
you toward an iron-clad clue,
but you’ll have to work for it, no charity…no free rides. In
the past on several
occasions we’ve hidden the answer amongst a list of
tongue-in-cheek possibilities, inviting
you to wade through the imposters and ferret out the true
Somewhere within the pages of this issue there’s a feature
article containing a visual
clue, a line drawing depicting this mystery item. To motivate
you, we’re offering
a free 1-year subscription to the reader with the first correct
answer phoned in
In the meantime, some of the off-the-record mind confusing
1) Side-by-side dual practice spring boards for Olympic
synchronized choreographed diving.
2) Casino black jack fresh playing card deck ready rack.
3) Football player knee-action exercises
strengthening equipment (model)
4) Desktop memo, letter holder and
ink bottle platform.
5) Gymnastic vaulting horse dual action springboard approach.
6) Diet menu food portion balance scale.
7) Ballet dancer’s tour jete development training
apparatus (scale model)
8) Counterfeit coin weight detector.
9) Musicians’ sunken
orchestra pit platform prototype [before the development of
10) Eccentric vaudeville tap dance and acrobatic portable
performance stage (miniature)
11) Military rising tide bridge leveling link segment.
Now that the "Preposterous Proposal Board" had made
its final report, we urge you
to take advantage of our "Guess What" guessing and
research offer as outlined above.